I have so far seen only two examples of this photographer’s work. Both examples are photographs of Lake Chapala and appear to date from about the 1970s. This one (excuse the poor quality due to reflections) shows women washing clothes on the beach.
The photographer worked in both color and in black and white, and signed each print with a very distinctive monogram.
Please get in touch if you recognize this signature or can suggest who this photographer might be. Then we can add them to the growing list of fine photographers who have graced the shores of Lake Chapala.
- Sincere thanks to Linda Fine Samuels of Ajijic for drawing my attention to the work of this currently unidentified photographer.
Other photographers related to Lake Chapala:
- Ernest Alexander (1921-1974)
- Toni Beatty
- Hugo Brehme (1882-1954)
- Horace Bristol (1908-1997)
- Frederick W. Butterlin (ca 1905-?)
- Janet N. Cummings (?-?)
- John Frost (1923-2015)
- Michael Heinichen (ca 1944-)
- Dorothy Hosmer (ca 1911-?)
- Beverly Johnson (1933-1976)
- Ernest Walter Knee (1907-82)
- Leo Matiz (1917-1998)
- Bertram W. Miller (1915-2005)
- Sylvia Salmi (1909-1977)
- Winfield Scott (1863–1942)
- Haig Shekerjian (1922-2002)
- Jacques Van Belle (ca 1924-2012)
- Jack Weatherington (1933-2008)
Sombrero Books welcomes comments, corrections or additional material related to any of the writers and artists featured in our series of mini-bios. Please use the comments feature at the bottom of individual posts, or email us.